Read Right from the Start and State Guidelines
Conforms to Georgia Early Learning and Development Standards (GELDS)
Read Right from the Start is designed to seamlessly integrate with your program’s curriculum while also conforming to Georgia Early Learning and Development Standards (GELDS) mandated by the Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning (DECAL). Our strategies provide specific, concrete steps to reach the goals outlined by those standards.
Here are some of the GELDS areas covered through Read Right from the Start strategies:
- Children will listen to conversations and demonstrate comprehension.
- Children will acquire vocabulary introduced in conversations, activities, stories and/or books.
- Children will use nonverbal communication for a variety of purposes.
- Children will use increasingly complex spoken language.
- Children will acquire meaning from a variety of materials read to them.
- Children will develop early phonological awareness.
- Children will demonstrate increasing knowledge of the alphabet.
- Children will demonstrate awareness of print concepts.
- Children will use writing for a variety of purposes.
Give your teachers the power to transform the future of Georgia’s children. Launch Read Right from the Start in your school today.