Encouraging Read Right from the Start in Your Child’s School
You hold the key to your child’s future. Read Right from the Start teaching strategies, designed for educators of children from birth to pre-k, will help your child learn important language and vocabulary skills that positively impact their life forever. But to make it happen, you have to get your child’s teacher and school on board.
Talk to your child’s teacher or school administrator to let them know why you think Read Right from the Start is important.
Here are a few points you can share:
- A child’s vocabulary at age 3 is a strong predictor of whether they’ll be able to read and comprehend at grade level in 3rd grade
- Only 35% of 3rd graders are proficient readers
- Read Right from the Start courses are grant funded and 100% free to all teachers
- Strategies are based on studies by leading researchers in child development combined with real world classroom applications
- Qualifies for free Bright from the Start continuing education credits for Georgia teachers
Act now to bring these life-changing teaching strategies to your child’s classroom.
Print a flyer and hand it to your child’s teacher or administrator, or send them an email with details about the program.